The Web Designing is an emerging technology. In past years we have seen a lot of web designing trends and we expect to see more in 2017. This year surely brings amazing website designs and we have already started seeing some trends that are assured to dominate websites in 2017.
Let’s take a look at 9 core website design trends we can expect to see in 2017. Check them out below and get inspired to tackle your web design projects this year with style.
1) Conversational User Interface: Although, the rise of chatbots, voice UIs and smart assistants will continue, it won’t last. All these technologies are raising towards the ‘peak of inflated expectations’ and will find themselves in the ‘trough of disillusionment’ for many adapters by the middle of this year.
2) Data Visualization: Now big brands are offering their users a chance to see the stats of themselves because Data and Analytics are now more important than ever. Presentation of data in visual way increases the user interaction with the information.
3) Bold Typography: It seems that typography works well for drawing and keeping user’s attention. That is the reason why many big companies are turning to big, bold typography to anchor their homepages. It works well when the content on the rest of the page is kept minimal and clean.
4) Colors: The best selection of color adds depth and texture to a simple site layout. Keep your target audience in mind that how they respond on bold and bright colors? Do they respond well or they are more drawn to a toned down palette?
5) Modular Design: Modular design is reliable way of creating a clean, attractive, accessible website that keeps visitors interested. Designers can use a lot of block and card style designs that are both trendy and functional. It looks streamlined and simple and works great in responsive frameworks.
6) Text and Images Overlapping: For an effective blog and portfolio, nowadays the text that overlaps with image has become more popular.
7) Illustration: After many years of flat design and minimalism, adding graphics to your site is a great way to inject a little personality. Nowadays more companies are hiring graphic designers to create and imply illustrations for their website.
8) GIF & Animations: GIF & Animation is not new in the website designing. A lot of sites uses animations for a while. But the new thing is that GIF is becoming as mainstream. It provides a richer product experience and explain workflow.
9) Long Scrolling Website: There are various pro’s and con’s to long scrolling websites. Many sites are doing away with menus and tabs rather than putting everything on one. Websites like Facebook, Instagram allow users to scroll for hours, seeing new content. Websites with images, videos and typography add some excitement to the experience.