Reliance Jio Chairman Mukhesh Ambani announced a new Happy New Year offer for customers on Thursday, extending the benefits of the original Welcome Offer which gives Reliance Jio customers unlimited voice calling, text messages and data for free. However the Reliance Jio Happy New Year plan will come with a Fair Usage Police or FUP which will cap data for Reliance Jio customers at around 1 GB per day. The Reliance Jio Happy New Year offer will be free for all customers till March 31, 2017.
Here are the live updates on Reliance Jio announcements by Mukesh Ambani:
1. In the first three months, Jio has grown faster than facebook, WhatsApp, Skype.
2. On average Jio customers using 25 times more data than an average broadband customer.
3. Jio customer today is consuming data on par with and more than sophisticated users anywhere.
4. Jio is better today than when we started.
5. Thanks to the government of India we were able to fast track launch.
6. Today, Jio has successfully rolled out eKYC (know your customer) across 2 lakh outlets in India.
7. This is nearly equally to total number of ATMs in India. We are in the process of doubling this by March 2017.
8. While customers have shown unprecedented love for Jio, we have not received the required support from existing operators.
9. We are calling this the "Jio Happy New Year Offer".
10. All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till 31 March 2017 on current SIMs.
11. 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily. 1 GB per day is 30 times the average usage on other networks.
12. In Jio Happy New Year Offer, we have fine-tuned our fair usage policy to ensure all users get fair share of network capacity.
13. In this period Jio customers will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using JioMoney wallet.
14. Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks free till 31 March 2017.